We welcome you to our website, where you can learn about the cutting-edge research conducted by Prof. Alex Krasnok and our team in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Florida International University (FIU), as we explore quantum technologies and metamaterials, with a particular emphasis on innovations across various domains. Our interdisciplinary research lab features two branches:
Optical Equipment and Microwave/Electronics/Chemistry Equipment.
Our research on Cover Pages
Congrats Mr. Quesnay Lundy, our talented undergrad, for MDC URIP support! Researching advanced Wireless Power Transfer.
William Segura Alvarez has been awarded a prestigious summer fellowship at Adelphi Laboratory Center (ALC), U.S. Army Research Laboratory. We extend our warmest congratulations to William and wish him the very best of luck in this remarkable opportunity!
- May 2023 -- Our postdoc Dr. Torres Castellanos has been selected to receive a prestigious IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at FIU for the project "Quantum sensors for optical readout of superconducting qubits." We congratulate Ingrid on this achievement!
- 24 May 2023 -- Our new paper Topological Metamaterials has been published in Chemical Reviews [IF: 72]
- 28 January 2022 -- Our new paper Dark-State Induced Quantum Nonreciprocity is published in Advanced Quantum Technologies!
- 06 January 2022 -- New paper Electrically driven reprogrammable phase-change metasurface reaching 80% efficiency has been accepted for publication in Nature Communications!
- 06 January 2022 -- Invited paper Low-Symmetry Nanophotonics has been published in ACS Photonics